Friday, April 06, 2012

Spell Bound : Book Review


Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)Click for the Summary!
Title : Spell Bound

Series : Hex Hall #3
Pages : 327
Author : Rachel Hawkins
Publisher : Hyperion / Hachette Book Group Canada
Format : Hardcover
Source :  
** I received this book from Hachette Book Group Canada in exchange of a honest review **









My Opinion:


We have followed Sophie from the beginning of her adventure. Now, at the end of the series, we see her making (heart-breaking) choices, discovering herself and finding love.

I've been a fan of Hex Hall since the beginning. I got the first book from the library and REALLY loved it (I couldn't wait for the second book to come out!). And, when the second book came out, I bought myself a copy and devoured it in less than a day! And, when I got Spell Bound for review, I was actually jumping around from the excitement of receiving it!

I dove into Spell Bound, hoping that Rachel Hawkins would make this a remarkable end. And she did. She made it phenomenal and it exceeded my expectations.


In Spell Bound, we find Sophie with her powers locked within her, and she thinks she's lost everyone to the Thorne Abbey fire (which happened at the end of the second book). She thinks she has lost Jenna, her dad, Cal and Archer. But, then everything turns out alright. Well, if you just forget about the Casnoffs trying to turn every Prodigium kid into a demon. So, yeah. She tried to save everyone. But can she?

Oh god. Spell Bound was just a great book (I just kept turning the pages. It was like the book was enchanted!). I loved every letter, every word, every page, everything about it!

I dove into Spell Bound with the previous' book details kind of fuzzy in mind, but, at least, I started to remember things as I continued reading!

When we met Sophie in the first book, she wasn't as mature as she was in Spell Bound; she grew up in every book. She didn't just grow up from one page to another; it was gradual throughout the books. (because, you know, you don't just start getting mature by saying : Abracadabra!). I also loved how the author always makes Sophie so funny with great comebacks! I don't know where she gets those comebacks, but they always make me laugh!

You know, there are two guys in this series; Cal, her fiancée, and Archer, her love.

Who do you think made it?

I am not telling you, you'll just have to find out by reading the (AMAZING) book and series!

But, I have to say, I love Archer! He's just so much like Sophie; funny!

I'll have to buy myself a copy of Hex Hall to complete my BEAUTIFUL Hex Hall series!

*Kisses Spell Bound copy* *sigh* '' I love you, my beautiful copy''

5 roses!

Other books in the series :


Author Bio :

Rachel Hawkins is a high school English teacher. She lives with her family in Alabama. She is awesome.
  

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a very interesting series! I'll have to pick it up! It'll be a great addition to the Witches and Witchcraft challenge this year. :) Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great series! You don't want to pass it up! And, even better if you can include it in a challenge!

      Delete
  2. I'm suprised I haven't read any of the Hex Hall books yet. I've heard a lot of good things about them, from you too now as well. I think I'm definitely going to have to try and grab a copy of the first book sometime. Anyway, great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently won this book! I haven't yet got and and I and DYING to see how this series ends :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHRRR! I am now super excited! I can't wait to see if Sophie picks Cal or Archer! I'm glad that Sophie has matured but has kept her sense of humour!

    Great review!! I must find out how this wonderful trilogy ends.

    ReplyDelete