Tuesday, April 17, 2012

172 Hours on The Moon : Book Review

172 Hours on the Moon
CREEPY COVER ALERT!

               
   Click for the Summary!

Title : 172 Hours on the Moon
Series :  -
Author : Johan Harstad
Pages : 355
Release Date : April 17th 2012
Publisher : Little, Brown Company for YR / Hachette Book Group Canada
Format : ARC
Source :  
**An ARC copy was provided by Hachette Book Group Canada in exchange of an honest review**

 


My Opinion


172 Hours on The Moon was a creepy - yet powerful - debut.


172 Hours on The Moon is Johan Harstad's (which is an unpronounceable name if you ask me) debut novel in the US. It's actually a of  Darlah - 172 timer på månen, which got out in 2008 in Germany!

172 Hours on The Moon  was soooo creepy, I had trouble sleeping at night while reading the book (no, really, every noise I heard, I'd imagine an unbelievable scenario, that, most of the time, was scary), but, the author actually made the story believable!

The story is about NASA who wants people to get more interested in the moon, and so, they decided to hold a 'lottery' for teenager from 14 to 18 years old; three teenagers would be picked to go on the moon with other professional astronauts  (right, like that makes going on the moon less scary. Right...). But, what those teenagers don't know is why the moon travelings have stopped; it's because it seemed like there were people on the moon. Clones of humans, hiding silently there, waiting to kill you at any chance they had.

The plot gave me chills just by reading the summary (read it; it really does sound scary, right?). And, I dove in the book knowing I'd be scared, because I'm a scaredy cat (no, a scaredy squirrel). I mean, oh god. I can't tell you how much this book was scary, although it was REALLY entertaining.

I liked the character a lot. I... I was really mad at the author (and I don't wanna spoil anything, so, that, sall, but it involves the boy in the story)

Also, I thought the ending was a little confusing.

And, so yeah; the book was creepy, but good (I really can't tell you how much it was creepy)



RATING:

4 roses!

Other book(s) by the author :

**This is his U.S. debut novel; all his other books are in German!**

Author Bio : 

Johan HarstadJohan Harstad is a 31-year-old Norwegian author, graphic designer, playwright, drummer, and international sensation. He is the winner of the 2008 Brage Award (Brageprisen), previously won by Per Petterson, and his books have been published in over 11 countries. In 2009, he was named the first ever in-house playwright at the National Theatre in Oslo. His first novel Buzz Aldrin, What Happened To You In All The Confusion, originally published in Norway by Gyldendal in 2005, was made into a TV series in 2009 starring The Wire’s Chad Coleman. Harstad lives in Oslo and is working on his next novel




4 comments:

  1. That is a creepy yet pretty cool cover!
    Thanks for the review!
    I think I'm going to have to add this to my to read list!
    -martha :D
    http://theshortone08.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! Nothing like a good freaky book! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! First of all I would like to state that you really have organized a cool resource. Also I want to know one thing. Have you ever taken place in some sort of competitions between bloggers?

    ReplyDelete