Thursday, April 12, 2012

Before I Fall : Book Review


Before I Fall                Click for the Summary!

Title : Before I Fall

Series :  -
Author : Lauren Oliver
Pages : 470
Release Date : March 2nd 2010
Publisher : HarperCollins
Format : Paperback
Source :  From The Library










My Opinion :


Before I Fall is Lauren Oliver'S 2010 debut novel. It was moving, amazing and heart-breaking.

In the beginning, Samantha, the main character, is a total self-absorbed bitch. But, that's until she gets killed in a car accident, and has the chance to try and make the day of her death better. She'S trying to make her wrongs right. But, it isn't that easy. There are so many people. It takes her seven tries. Then, she gets it right (well, almost).

I've loved and devoured every book of Lauren Oliver that I could get my hands on. Now, all I need is to read Liesl & Po, and Requiem (I can't wait for Requiem to get out! OH GOD!)

The writing of Before I Fall was as unbelievably great as Delirium and Pandemonium. Lauren Oliver is a true writing goddess (seriously, I'm not even kidding. I wouldn't kid about something that serious). Every word she writes, every sentence she breathes is a true miracle. Her writing style is hers; it'S unique and fresh; I know I can always go back to her books whenever I don't feel like reading anymore, because her books are that powerful. They are so great. I fyou haven't read one of her novels yet, GO BUY IT NOW!

Some people may think the story gets repetitive each day (and I did; I was skeptical about this book, but boy, was I WRONG!), since you repeat the same day seven times. But, it doesn't, because Oliver has a way to make every detail count as something new and exciting. 


The characters were all well-developed and well-written. I especially loved Kent. He seems really shy and kind of a nerd, and I think it's really cute. He just has a way to make everything he says cute.

I also really liked Samantha (but not in the beginning, though). I loved how she matured throughout the book and realized her mistakes.

I loved Kent and Samantha's relationship in the end. They were so cute together.

Although I didn't like Samantha's friends, they couldn't not have been in the story; it wouldn't have made sense, and so, I'd say I didn't like them, but they couldn't have been non-existent.

Form people who don't lie unhappy endings, maybe you shouldn't read this book, although it'S not that unhappy, but just sad.

Lauren Oliver didn't fail on surprising me with this awesome book.

5 roses!

Other books by the author :

*The Splinders hasn't released yet*


Book Trailer:



  Author Bio : 


Lauren OliverLauren Oliver comes from a family of writers and so has always (mistakenly) believed that spending hours in front of the computer every day, mulling over the difference between “chortling” and “chuckling,” is normal. She has always been an avid reader. 

She attended the University of Chicago, where she continued to be as impractical as possible by majoring in philosophy and literature. After college, she attended the MFA program at NYU and worked briefly as the world’s worst editorial assistant, and only marginally better assistant editor, at a major publishing house in New York. Her major career contributions during this time were flouting the corporate dress code at every possible turn and repeatedly breaking the printer. 

10 comments:

  1. Looks good!

    By the way you are nominated for The Sunshine Blog Award!
    Take a look!

    http://stephii-bookfever.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunshine-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this book :) I can't wait to read it!!! & your review has made me even more excited about starting it :)

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have read it. its really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren Oliver is a genius author. I really loved this book, but i prefer her Delirium series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might check it out (even though I have reservations since this is her debut) after I read her Delirium series..ok, I must be the only one left on the planet who hasn't gotten around to it yet.

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren Oliver is an amazing author and one of my favorite by far. I can't wait to read Before I fall I know it will be phenomenal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/before-i-fall-by-lauren-oliver.html just finished reading this book, i love your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really loved this book. I love all of Lauren Oliver's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this, but I will. I'd love if you recommend more books. It's a great feature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This story was beautiful. And heartbreaking. And hopeful. And wonderful. And generally just perfect.

    Marlene
    Skagway Shore Tours Service

    ReplyDelete