Friday, December 23, 2011

Crossed : Book Review

Crossed (Matched, #2)


Title : Crossed
Series : Matched #2
Pages : 367
Author : Ally Condie
Publisher : Dutton Juvenile
Format : Hardcover
Source : Bought


My Opinion

 "Crossed, Crossed, mighty crossed,

Do not go gentle into that good night,


When I have crossed the bar.

Across the waves and to the shore,

I climb into the dark for you


Are you waiting in the stars for me?"

-Hayden Casey

This poem describes the book perfectly, from my opinion.

Crossed wasn't well received in the reader community, I might say, as I read the deceived reviews. But I don't understand why. I think it's the fact that the story doesn't evolve much in this book, but for me, that's what I loved about the book. I had bought five books at the same time, but even though I wanted to begin with Crossed, I decided to wait, because waiting is so much fun, since you (I) can imagine different scenarios, different characters entering the story, as well as the Society crumpling. So, when I finally dug into Crossed, I couldn't stop myself from reading it quickly, but I still appreciated every enticing detail of the book.

The story still evolves around Cassia, but you have to point-of-view (POV): Cassias POV and Ky's POV. While some people found that Ky's POV wasn't good in the book, I thought it added some spike to the already awesome book. I liked the new characters, like Indie, and I deeply hope that she and Xander get together. Yet another well-evolved is Xander. He is so sweet, and *little minor spoiler* I was so surprised that he was part of the rebellion *minor spoiler is done!!* 

The writing was purely awesome. Most people don't like how the story is slowly written, but I think that's what is special and unique about it; it's what I love about it. It may be slow-paced, but the details are great.

The cover is so beautiful, and it looks great on my bookshelf!


5/5 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment