Monday, December 12, 2011

City of Ashes : Book Review!

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)


Title : City of Ashes
Series : Mortal Instruments #2
Pages : 453
Author : Cassandra Clare
Publisher : Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Format : Hardcover
Source : Bought - Owned

My Opinion: Cassandra Clare is the author anyone can relate to; what she writes always comes out as a masterpiece and is comfortable for any reader; it envelopes many genres: Fantasy, Fiction, Romance, sometimes Contemporary and others. Cassandra Clare is the new JK Rowling.

City of Ashes is the sequel to City of Bones, and is the second in The Mortal Instruments series, who is acclaimed by many readers. It involves around Jace and Clary, who are supposedly brothers and sisters, but never knew until a few months before. And they were in love. And still are, but they need to stop, because they fear that anyone (family, friends, strangers) would find it disgusting. But they still find drawn together... until Jace says they have to stop. Clary reluctantly agrees. Now, the story doesn't revolve around only that, there's also Valentine, their evil father who is trying to summon as many demons as he can to kill everyone in the Clave, and there's also their mother, who is 'asleep'. Oh, and Simon, Clary's best friend and almost-boyfriend-but-not-really. Oh, and there's teh obvious chemistry between Alec and Magnus Bane(two boys!).


Clary is, to me, playing weak when it comes to fighting. She always seems to get hurt and doesn't do anything about it. Or maybe she just sucks at fighting... oh well. Jace is, I have to say, hot, arrogant, hot, cute, and MINE! I love the way he jokes and is arrogant, and that is why he got in jail. But, also, it'S because the Inspector or something hates Valentine and, therefore, hates Jace because he's his son. Talk about the incarnate of stupidity :D I have to admit, the character I like the best would be either Jace (mmmh, hawt!) and Alec or Magnus (since they are sooo cute together!). 


I think the characters mature a little in this book, yet I think they will evolve even more (mmmh, I seem to like words will 'volve' as an ending in this review, sorry!).


I really like the writing; it kept me on the edge, wanting to ead faster and therefore be able to read eat more of the book. It was just so great! I think Cassandra Clare fairly improved in City of Ashes, and I canMt wait to see how City of Glass will be, since one of my fellow book bloggers (Stephii!) told me that it was the best of the series.


The cover is awesome-looking on my shelves. It catches the eyes! Also, I love the girl's hair; it looks like fire! (Somebody call 911, shawty fire burning on the dance floor, oh-oh-oh!!)


I loved this book: 4.5/5 stars!!






No comments:

Post a Comment