Thursday, July 05, 2012

A Midsummer's Nightmare : Book Review


A Midsummer's Nightmare
                        
    Click for the Summary!

Title : A Midsummer's Nightmare
Series :  -
Author : Kody Keplinger
Pages : 304
Release Date : June 5th 2012
Publisher : Poppy / Hachette Book Group Canada
Format : Hardcover
Source :  
* An HC copy was provided by HBG Canada in exchange of an honest review. Thank you!





My Opinion :


At first, when I heard of this book, I though it was the sequel to another that I hadn't really liked. Obviously, I hadn't checked the author's name, otherwise I would have known better. But, when I learned that A Midsummer's Nightmare was written by Kody Keplinger, I laughed at myself and added it to my to-be-read pile. I was really thrilled to get it for review, especially since I am always curious about contemporaries, and this one sounded really special.

A great new and fresh contemporary!


A Midsummer's Nightmare's title was obviously inspired by William Shakespeare's A Midsummer'S Night's Dream, but I'm pretty sure that the story wasn't inspired by it. Hopefully.

The book is about Whitley, who's parents are divorced. But, each summer she goes to her dad's condo and has fun with him. She lives with her mom, who is always bitching about everything on her dad, and she loves spending the summer with her dad. But then, the nightmare begins. Her dad is about to marry someone new, and JACKPOT! the woman's son is the person she... you know, did it with...  at the graduation party. Talk about awkward! But, throughout the book, Whitley learns a few things about her dad. And none of them are pretty.


I had really enjoyed Kody Keplinger's SHUT OUT, but A Midsummer's Nightmare was even better. I think it's because her writing evolved and changed, which I really liked.


The characters were really believable; with real problems and real personalities. At first, I thought Whitley was just a whore, but I just knew there had to be something else to her. And there was.



RATING


4 roses!

Other books by the author :



Author Bio : 

Kody Keplinger''I'm a 19-year-old college student and young adult author. My first book, THE DUFF, debuted on September 7, 2010. I write books for teenagers and strive to be honest and true-to-life. For more info, check out my website. http://kodykeplinger.com ''





3 comments:

  1. Hmm, This actually sounds like a really good read! I've been pretty skeptical about it, but I do love a good comtemporary!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm a 19-year-old college author also. Any advice for marketing my books? My first one was published on May 5th of this year!

    Thanks!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I had heard great things about this book! I can't wait to try it :D

    ReplyDelete