Saturday, July 07, 2012

First Comes Love : Book Review

First Comes Love
    
                       Click for the Summary!

Title : First Comes Love
Series :  -
Author : Katie Kacvinsky
Pages : 198
Release Date : May 8th 2012
Publisher : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt / Thomas Allen & Son
Format : Hardcover
Source :  
*An hardcover copy was provided by TM & Son in exchange of an honest review. Thank you!*



My Opinion :

I was curious about this book because, for one, I had read the author's debut novel, Awaken, and it definitely was a great read. Second... well, don't you just love the cover? I find it... so pretty, and romantic; which represents the book.

First Comes Love wasn't what I was expecting. I thought it would be a fun and light, but still great and romantic kind of book. But boy, it was NOT. It was sad, even a bit dark at times, and it was not the kind of funny and light romance I was expecting. It was a punch-you-in-the-gut kind of romance.

In the book, there's Gray and Dylan. Gray... he's dark, almost in depression since his twin sister, Amanda, got killed by a serious car crash accident. And Dylan; she'S as bright as the sun and fun to be around. Now... why would they like each other? I guess opposites attract...

First comes love is a really short book, which makes it a really fast-paced read. Some authors can pull it off. Others... not. Fortunately, this one was the former! The writing was just fast-paced enough.

Although I found the book quite enjoyable, it just wasn't a big hit for me. It was between a 'Okay' and a 'Good'... although I'm leaning towards the good for a few reasons (the first one being GRAY :D Love him A LOT)

The romance was definitely the best aspect of the book (well, that'S good, Cathee, because it was one of the ONLY aspects! *sarcastic*)

The character building was really strong; the two main characters' personalities were well developped and didn't waver or become something else (well, Gray's did change a little, but it had something to do with the book :D)


RATING


4 roses

Other books by the author :



Author Bio : 


Katie KacvinskyThe first book I ever wrote: Was in third grade. It was titled: "The Book of Swear Words," where I wrote down every curse word I could think of, along with a carefully crafted definition. I showed it to my teacher, beaming with pride. He sent me to the principal's office and called my parents into school. I was banned from the playground for two weeks and my book was destroyed. It obviously didn't kill my writing ambitions.

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait 4 this /must read lol
    tnx 4 the lovly review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved Katies novel, Awaken. I should really check this one out!

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete