Monday, July 23, 2012

Books to Graphic Novels : Why the Trend?

 Have you notice how many books are now made in Graphic Novels? I have. And so, I just want to discuss. So, this time, the issue is :

Books to Graphic Novels

Don't be shy and comment on your thoughts after reading the post!



First, I want to show you the shocking evidence :

Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #1)City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, #1)Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)House of Night #1 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1)

And there are quite a lot upcoming Graphic novels!

Anyways, it seems like many Young Adult books (both popular and not that popular) are getting published into graphic novels. And, I love it. I love reading Vampire Academy : The Graphic Novel, although, since (I think), there is a movie coming up, it just messed up how I pictured the characters; I think that'S the only negative consequence about Graphic Novels.

Something good, is that it opens up to a whole new public; for example, I have this friend called Jean (this isn't her real name :D), and she loves Manga and Graphic Novels. She hates books without pictures in them. And so, if I wanted her to read Hush, Hush, she probably wouldn't want. But, if I'd show her the Graphic Novel, and she likes it, then maybe she'll give the real books a try!

Also, there is the fact that it can be read pretty quickly! I read Vampire Academy : The Graphic Novel in about 20-30 minutes. I needed more VA, and, instead of rereading the whole series, I read the Graphic Novel, and even though it wasn't as good as the real VA, I liked it.

But, sometimes, you take the chance that, by reading a Graphic Novel, you won't like it, but you loved the real book, and so, it will maybe ruin your opinion of the book, or maybe not.


What do you think? Any thoughts you wanna share? Have you ever read a graphic novel? Did you like it? Leave your answers below!


5 comments:

  1. I loved the VA graphic novel but hated the one for House of Night. It was just crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I've never read a graphic novel but I'm intrigued by the whole idea. I need to get my hands on one of these to see what all the hype is about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that there are tons of graphic novel for well known books. The Hobbit, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, and Frankenstein have all been made into Graphic novels which I find fantastic!!! I love all the pictures and getting to see my favorite characters made real, while being able to read the entire thing in less than an hour!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I hadn't really thought much about this until now.

    I think the graphic novels are getting more popular because as humans we are very visual creatures. We are also very busy nowadays, and a graphic novel takes much less time to read than a book. This is why a lot of people prefer to see movies rather than read the books they're based on. Graphic novels will also appeal to those who aren't big fans of reading or have trouble with reading because they struggle with picturing things in their head.

    I think it's great and I really want to try some out :]

    ReplyDelete