Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Croak : Book Review


Croak              Click for the Summary!

Title : Croak
Series :  Croak #1
Author : Gina Damico
Pages : 311
Release Date : March 20th 2012
Publisher : Graphia / Thomas Allen & Son
Format : Paperback
Source :  
*Thank you to T. A. & Son for providing this!*



My Opinion :


I have to admit, and although I am now ashamed to admit it, that I wasn't planning on buying the book or anything. It didn't sound my kind of book, and I thought the cover... was weird. But, in person, it's wicked cool. What I mean is, that I, was, again, stubborn. And that I really enjoyed this book, WAY MORE than how much I taught I would.


Croak is about Lex (or Lexington... and that'S a weird name. I kept thinking about a town or something when I saw her whole name... anyways, moving on!), and Lex has been angry for a few years. Angry at nothing in particular, just.... angry. And, she's violent. I mean, she made her school's whole hockey team cry. But now her parents have had enough, and they send her to her uncle.That's when she discovers she is actually a Grim Reaper. Or a Killer. Which means she takes a person's soul from Earth to transport it to the Afterlife.


I think that my favorite thing about the book was Lex's... charms. Okay, not charms, because she's not exactly the charming type. But... I think it was more of her snarky and witty personality that made me love her as a character, and made me enjoy the book way more.

Also, something that always made me grin and/or snort unladylike was when there were some times about the Afterlife, and that there was someone previously famous, like Edgar Allan Poe. It was just so hilarious!

The writing style definitely is one that I like a lot! I love to have a good laugh when reading a book, and this book was just like that!

As I said, Lex was my favorite aspect of the book. But Diggs falls into that category too. Their 'romance-although-not-really-romance-more-kind-of-something-else' was just so funny. I loved it. And... when he said who was on his precious picture.... I was like this :

An incredibly funny debut that I liked a lot!


RATING


4 roses

Other book(s) in the series (if in a series):



Book Trailer :  



Author Bio : 


Gina Damico''I grew up under four feet of snow in Syracuse, New York. I received a degree in theater and sociology from Boston College, where I was active with the Committee for Creative Enactments, a murder mystery improv comedy troupe that may or may not have sparked my interest in wildly improbably bloodshed. I have since worked as a tour guide, transcriptionist, theater house manager, scenic artist, movie extra, office troll, retail monkey, yarn hawker, and breadmonger. I live in Boston with my husband, two cats, and a closet full of black hoodies.''

1 comment:

  1. I am really intrigued by this book now. Like you, at first I was deterred by the cover. Thanks for the awesome review. I will check it out now.

    ReplyDelete