Saturday, July 21, 2012

City Of Lost Souls : Book Review


City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)

Title : City of Lost Souls
Series : The Mortal Instruments #5
Author : Cassandra Clare
Pages : 534
Release Date : Mya 8th 2012
Publisher : Margaret K. McElderry
Format : Hardcover
Source : Gifted






My Opinion :

I have been a fateful fan of Cassandra Clare since the first time I read City of Bones, a book I wasn't sure I would like. But I LOVED it. And my love for miss Clare hasn't died out. No; it has grown bigger. Even bigger with City of Lost Souls.


City of Lost Souls was filled with surprising twists that made me gasp.


City of Lost Souls is just after City of Fallen Angel's ending (which was a frigging huge cliffhanger!) and, let me tell you, when you start City of Lost Souls, even if you had forgotten everything that had happened in City of Fallen Angels, everything just FLOWS back to your mind.


As always, Cassandra Clare's writing pulls you in, and doesn't let you go away easily!


Jace really scared me in some parts of the book, and I was so utterly confused about what was going on with him. I wondered if he had really changed sides. 


Clary, fortunately, has gained a lot of maturity throughout all the series. I thought she was at her best in City of Glass, but in City of Lost Souls she was almost as great a character as she was in the third book.


I cannot wait to read the next installment in this thrilling series!



Rating :


5 roses!

Other reviews of the book :


- Ashley from Me, My Shelf, & I gave it '4 birds' : ''Her story telling ability never ceases to amaze me.''




Other book(s) in the series



Other book(s) by the author



Book Trailer :  

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this one! I felt like we got to learn more and about every character in the book and I loved that. Awesome review!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete