Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Illuminate : Book Review


Illuminate (Gilded Wings #1) 
                             
Click for the Summary!

Title : Illuminate
Series :  Gilded Wings #1
Author : Aimee Agresti
Pages : 511
Release Date : March 6th 2012
Publisher : HMH / Thomas Allen & Son
Format : Hardcover
Source :  
*Thanks to Thomas Allen & Son for giving me the chance to read the HC in exchange of an honest review*



My Opinion :


Illuminate was a promising debut book. But, it just wasn't for me.


I know that quite a lot of people seemed to like or love Illuminate, and so, of course I was really anxious to read it, because... just LOOK at that cover. It'S SO pretty. And, I normally really like and enjoy angel books a lot.

Illuminate fell flat for me.


Illuminate is the story of Haven, a teenage girl, who's 'mother' is actually a nurse that adopted her after she was found at 5 years old with no memory of what had happened before. But now, she has been invited, along with her best friend (a guy) and another classmate to go to this hotel and help them with stuff. But, it turns out that that's not really what the hotel wants.

You could just tell that the book was going to be a series the way it was written!

Although the story seriously lacked in action (except for the few last hundred pages), saying that the writing sucked would be a total lie. Because, I liked it quite a lot. It just... there wasn't enough drama!

I think something else that made me NOT like the book at all is the main character, Haven. She didn't have a personality! AT ALL!

I know that the summary I made, and the one on Goodreads may sound mysterious, and that'S what I thought. I thought this book was going to be so good, but ti wasn't. BUT, it may be right up your alley, so don't just take my word for it! Go over to Goodreads to see other reviews :D


Meh....



RATING

.5
2.5 roses


Author Bio :


Aimee AgrestiAimee Agresti is an entertainment journalist with ten years of experience writing, editing, and chatting up celebrities. A former staff writer for Us Weekly magazine, she has interviewed everyone from Angelina Jolie and George Clooney to the stars of The Hills, and even penned the magazine’s coffee table book Inside Hollywood. 

In addition to Us, her work has appeared in People, Premiere, DC Magazine, The Washington Post, Boston magazine, Women’s Health, Mademoiselle, and the New York Observer. She lives in Washington, DC.



No comments:

Post a Comment