Thursday, March 01, 2012

My Take on... The New York Time Bestsellers List(1)



So, this is a new meme over here!! Basically, it's just what I think of the books in the New York Times Bestsellers list (I'll maybe do this each week, I'm not sure...)
This week, I'm going to 'evaluate' the books in the Children's Paper Books (*this is the version that will appear in the issue of the NYT on March 4th.)

  1. War Horse by Micheal Morpurgo. Weeks on the List : 15. I haven't read this book, but I have seen talk about the movie (also saw a scary trailer). It's in a war... therefore... the title... yep...
  2. The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak. Weeks on the List : 232! This book has been on my To-Read list for a long time,a nd I really can't wait to read it, but I have so many other good books that I want to buy that it isn,t one of my priorities, although it looks great!
  3. Switched by Amanda Hocking. Weeks on the List : 7. Switched was replublished by St. Martin's Griffin. Amanda Hocking is the indie publishing guru, and I have read the first three books of her My Blood Approves series, so this one is on my To-Read list too, because of the great summary, the hype and buzz about it, and just because it's a Amanda Hocking book.
  4. The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. Weeks on the List : 27. This is yet another one of Rick Riordan's great series, but I haven't gotten to it yet... but it does look good... so... yeah...
  5. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Weeks on the List : 20. Alright, so if you haven't heard of this book, I'm sorry to say this, but it's because you've been living under a rock. I loved this book! Go check out my (old) review!
  6. Matched by Ally Condie. Weeks on the List : 22. I really love this series! It's great! Go Check out my Review.
  7. A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull. Weeks on the List : 1. I. Have. Never. Heard. Of. This Book. 'Nuff said.
  8. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Weeks on the List : 36. This book has been on my To-Read list FOREVER!!! It looks great! 
  9. I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. Weeks on the List : 26. I really loved this book. I own it and it's great! It's a really special book about aliens you don't want to win.
  10. The Genius Files: Mission Unstoppable by Dan Gutman.Weeks on the List : 4. Again. I. Have. Never. Heard. Of. This Book. 'Nuff said.

So, what do you think (about the books ) ?? Do you like this new meme? I know I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment