Saturday, November 26, 2011

Crusade : Book Review!

 

              Series: Crusade #1
     Author: Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié
              Format: Hardcover
               Page Count: 470
               Source: Library


My (High!) Opinion: Let me say first that I found this book while searching to get the Wicked series for free. Unfortunately, I didn't find it, but found this other series, also written by the same authors, but set in a totally different world. I was quite happy, since the summary made the book look really great.

I got this book two days ago, and began reading it yesterday evening with high hopes. The first few pages got me hooked instantly, because of Jenn's bravery, and the whole hunter crew.

I also appreciated how the authors made the six young adult hunters in the book try to get together for a greater cause even if they were really different, religiously and otherwise.

I flipped through the pages quickly, loving every thing about the book... until about in the middle. That's when my joy went down. I felt it was really hard for me to finish the book. The last 250 pages could have been 100 pages if it were me.

The whole book was well written, but only the first half was fast-paced. The other half was just... repeated words.

However, I need to finish this series even though I didn't like the first book as much as I wanted.

3.5/5 stars; Okay read.






No comments:

Post a Comment