Sunday, January 01, 2012

End of 2011 Book Survey Survey


Graphic created by THE AMAZING Ginger at G-Reads. Let's give the girl a hand...she's talented! THANK YOU G!!

So, I am participating in the End of the Year Book Survey hosted by Perpetual Page-Turner this year (but next year I am probably going to do one myself :D)


-About Books-


1. Best Book You Read In 2011? 


I'll be cheating for this too... like the host :D
Dystopian- Delirium by Lauren Oliver , of course!
YA paranormal/supernatural: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Adult Fiction: One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost


2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?


I wish I had liked Crusade more because I loved the first part of the book, but it got way less fun in the second part of the book. Still, I'll be reading the second one in 2012.


3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?


 I'd say the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost.


4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?


Delirium, Shatter Me.


5. Best series you discovered in 2011?


Oh My God, so many, but let's put a few; The Night Huntress series, Vampire Academy, the Mortal Instruments, Dark Secrets Series, and Black Dagger Brotherhood (which I have just started)


6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?


TOO MANY! But, Jeaniene Frost, Richelle Mead, Kelley Armstrong, Cassandra Clare, Elizabeth Chandler, J. R. Ward, Lauren Oliver, J.K. Rowling, Veronica Roth, Tahereh Mafi (and so many more...)


7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?


The Night Huntress series, The Handmaid's Tale (which was awesome).


8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?


Delirium, Divergent, Legend, Shatter Me, Daughter of S. & B.


9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?


I'd say Delirium :D 


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?



Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)





11. Most memorable character in 2011? 

Bones (Crispin Russell) in the Night Huntress series.



12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?


Delirium or Shatter Me. Or Daughter of Smoke and Bones


13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 


 Delirium!!


14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 

City of Bones!!!!



15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? 


From Delirium by Lauren Oliver
"Love: a single word, a wispy thing, a word no bigger or longer than an edge. That's what it is: an edge; a razor. It draws up through the center of your life, cutting everything in two. Before and after. The rest of the world falls away on either side.”  


16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? 


Delirium, of course.


17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers! 


One Foot in the Grave (chapter 32) and Dark lover by J.R. Ward


-About Blogging-


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011? 


The Story Siren, because I love her IMM videos.


2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2011? 


My Shatter Me Review !
 
3. Best discussion you had on your blog? 



I'd say always my On My Shelf (my IMM version) always have great comments on the books I put up.


4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog? 


Recently April from Good Books and Good Wine had a great post about monetizing your blog and whether or not it is a book blogger taboo.



5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?


I'd say I loved participating in IMM (On My Shelf for me) and to see what everyone got!

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?


 When I had my first 1000 views and when first someone contacted me for a book review. :D


7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?


On My Shelf (5)


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?


I'd say my Top Ten of 2011 books.


9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?


Goodreads!! I came across this one while searching for a book summary!


10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?


Yep, my goodreads one


CαthεεBooks has
completed her goal of reading 181 books in 2011!
-Looking ahead... 2012!-


1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?


Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare



2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?


Pandemonium, Fever, Insurgent, The Golden Lily and many more!!!


3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?


Get more ARCs and more followers, and for people to notice me more!!


No comments:

Post a Comment