Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Illusions : Book Review

Summary : Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice. 

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail
Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.

-GOODREADS

My Opinion : Aprilynne Pike is the official master of the art of cliffhangers! She's slowly killing me with her cliffhangers! At least there's only a book left in the series, right? Here's how it ends:
' Everyone gasped as Chelsea pulled the bandage from four broad, white petals. It resembled- and was not much bigger than- and ordinary  poinsettia .

Tamani had seen the pollen on his palms, but to see that classic white Winter blossom spread out in front of him filled him with terror that nearly brought him to his knees.

Shar's whispered oath was Tamani's fervent prayer.

''Goddess help us all'' '
I mean, this isn't a cliffhanger, it's as if the author saw that she was behind in her book and decided to stop there!

Alright, so this is the third installment in the Wings series written by the appraised  author Aprilynne Pike. Even though the end annoyed me pretty much, I loved the ending and the writing of Aprilynne Pike! I don't how she can annoy me that much, but that I love her and her writing!

Chelsea... is the most annoying character of all. I don't know why; I just hate her. I must sound whiny, but I need to tell you; why can't Laurel make a decision? It annoys me how she can't!

There's only one last book, and even though this series annoys me a bit, I feel a bit sad *sniff*.

4/5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment