Monday, August 01, 2011

Divergent : Book Review

Summary : Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.


-GOODREADS


My Opinion : Veronica Roth takes us, readers, in the future Chicago where when you are 16 years old, you need to choose one of the five factions; Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful) and Erudite(the intelligent). Somehow, I tended to be an Erudite or a Dauntless.


The beginning was too slow for me. I actually almost gave up reading it since it was too slow, but when I was about to give up; BANG! I then loved the book.


I can't wait for the awaited sequel called 'Insurgent'!


I would recommend this to anybody who likes fiction books. It's a must read.


4/5 stars




1 comment:

  1. With the release of Insurgent just around the corner I've been seeing so much promotion for it. I haven't read Divergent yet though (it's in the pile!) It sounds very interesting. I'll have to pick it up someday soon. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete