Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Extras : Book Review

Summary : The world has become a different place since Tally Youngblood upset the Uglies, Pretties, Specials applecart. What it's like? Well, visualize an all-day, everyday version of American Idol, where everybody's a contestant and there are cameras everywhere. In this constant competition, teenager Aya Fuse ranks as a nobody; 451,369 to be exact. Of course, such obscurity has its small rewards, all of which have now become endangered by her friendship with the Sly Girls. Another futuristic thriller by Uglies trilogy author Scott Westerfeld.


-GOODREADS


Opinion : You probably think that I always love all the books I read, but no, and here's the proof: The fourth and last book in the series Uglies, was alright. I never really liked Scott Westerfeld's writing, but I always liked his plots. And so that's why I continued reading the series. And there's also the fact that a lot of people liked his books, and so I always said : Why not try it? I can't lose anything. Well, I think the series has something, but the author puts way too much details! I love details, but I don't like when there are too much. ¸


Characters : Aya Fuse was quite nice. I loved her personality, and the way she got famous.


I loved Frizz and the idea of Radical Honesty! It was just awesome.


I think Ren would have made a good boyfriend for Aya. I liked the way he was so good at electronics.


Hiro was so snob! I didn't like that, but I thought the way he cared for his little sister was cute.


I saw a completely new side of Tally. I never thought she could be that... kind of mean.


The Sly Girls were cool.


I liked all the other characters except for the inhumans; they freaked me out!  


3/5 stars.  





No comments:

Post a Comment