Saturday, February 04, 2012

Book Trailers : Why a Trend?

So, I have been getting more involved in Youtube, and by that, I mean I have been watching other book blogger's video to improve. That's when I stumbled upon book trailers. Then, I saw that there were SO many new! It seems like lots of books have one : Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne, Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, Bewitching by Alex Flinn, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I mean, and that's just a little fraction of it! And it seems to be a new trend.

Now, I am asking myself; is a less-than-one-minute? I always, each time I see a book trailer, think that it's worth nothing since you don't even get a big enough glance in the book. I also find that a book trailer that have real people in them to be more of my taste and get me more interested in the book. I always seem to hate the trailer with only images and moving background with a voice. I feel like they just did it to get more people to notice it, but don't want to actually want to film and put work in it. It just seems worthless to me! For example : I really couldn't (and still can't) wait to read Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. Then, I saw its trailer and it kinda lost a bit of its appeal to me. I wanted to see how they saw the characters, and if they had put work into the book because they actually believed in it.

Maybe, it's just because the first book trailer I had seen and actually noticed enough was Harbinger's. There was also Starter's. It was actually those book trailers that got me wanting to read the books! The characters, the playing, the setting, all of it made me put the books in my TBR pile and had me wanting to read them as soon as I could! Bravo to anyone who did them!

The point of actually making a book trailer is to get the reader's attention, and by that, I mean with actual, real people!

If you have read up to this point, then you are awesome!

So, here's what I ask you :

Do you like watching book trailers? And do you prefer when they put actual real people in them?


No comments:

Post a Comment