Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Five Minutes More : Book Review

Summary : D'Arcy's dad is dead. She desperately wants it to have been an accident, but she is not sure. And when she learns the truth, things become even more difficult. Why would her father choose suicide? Why didn't she see the signs? Her father had always helped her get through everything in her life-five minutes at a time. Can she do it alone? And then she meets Seth. When will things get back to normal? Learning to live without her father while her mother struggles with her own pain, D'Arcy finds an inner strength she wasn't aware of. She also finds that almost anything is tolerable for five minutes more.


-GOODREADS


My Opinion : Warning : I read this book in half a day, and my emotions were fully blown. Maybe reading it in a day would be better for everyone.


This book was different from what I normally read. I love Young Adult Paranormal Romance, and this was more about Young Adult Fiction. But I still enjoyed it.


I haven't read much books that are about dealing with death without anything Paranormal, so this was a bit weird for me at first. The writing was fast-paced, but still kept a grip on small details that made the story whole. 


*uses sarcasm* D'Arcy (Yeah, I know, weird way of writing a name) was simply charming! Nah, just kidding. She had a weird, but understandable, way of dealing with her father's death. But when Seth appeared, she began feeling better, and that's why I'm so grateful to Seth.


4/5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment