Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wuthering Heights : Book Review


Summary : It's the story of Heathcliff, an orphan who falls in love with a girl above his class, loses her, and devotes the rest of his life to wreaking revenge on her family.


- GOODREADS


My Opinion : I just loved this romance novel from Emily Brontë. It was just incredible and great. I knew it would be hard to read but I just loved it. This is my favorite book because of its romantic, yet complicated, plot. It changed my view on love and class.


 Characters:My favorite character of all would be: Cathy Linton (soon-to-be-Earnshaw) married to Linton Heathcliff, then to Hareton Earnshaw. Daughter of Edgar Linton and Catherine Earnshaw. She was just so nice, caring and lovely, yet, she loved adventures.




I loved Heathcliff from the middle to the end of the novel. Before turning thirteen, he was just to... sweet. He gained character afterwards which made me like him more.


Hareton Earnshaw was quite good. He resembled Heathcliff a lot, but was still nicer, like Linton Heathcliff.


Linton Heathcliff was perfect. He changed a lot. He was a bit like Heathcliff, even though he denied it, but he was still nicer.


Ellen (Nelly) Dean was quite nice. She affectionate(d) Cathy Linton almost as if she was her child. Of course, Mrs. Dean had acted quite a bit like a mother to Cathy.


Hindley Earnshaw wasn't mentioned a lot but I guess he was okay for bringing, as a father, to the novel Hareton Earnshaw.


I didn't really like Edgar Linton. He was okay and he gave the plot something big, but he was far from my favorite.


Isabella Linton was my least favorite character. I didn't like her from the first mention of her name till the last.


5+/5






1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to read this! So many people just love this book and so many YA book characters mention it as their favorite... like Bella in Twilight, among others. Glad to hear you loved it! I have to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete