Sunday, July 03, 2011

Crescendo : Book Review

Summary : Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but atleast she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar. 

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something. 

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperatly searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.


-GOODREADS

My Opinion : This sequel of one of my favorite books; hush, hush, was quite good. I enjoyed it quite a lot, but not as much as the first one. In my opinion, in most series, the first book is great and the last too. But the others would be okay or good, never great. Of course, I thought the plot was good, but it needed something more. And I hate the cliffhanger at the end! I know it's a way for author to make readers read the other book, but I still hate the cliffhanger!

Characters : My favorite character would definitely be Patch! I loved his attitude. At first, when I learned about him maybe killing Nora's dad, I was sure he did it. When I found out he didn't, I was struck!


Then, Vee would come in second place. She is just bright! But a bit stupid, I have to admit.


Nora was quite nice. I bit too dumb at times, but still nice. She was well thought.


Rixon was weird. It was a great twist that he was  Nora's father's murderer.

The other characters are okay.

4/5 stars.





1 comment:

  1. I can't really remember anything from Crescendo. Probably because I don't really like this series. But whatever, I like the general story of it. Silence was pretty good though.
    Great review, Cat!

    ReplyDelete