Monday, July 18, 2011

After : Book Review

Summary : An infant left in the trash to die. A teenage mother who never knew she was pregnant . . .

Before That Morning, these were the words most often used to describe straight-A student and star soccer player Devon Davenport: responsible, hardworking, mature. But all that changes when the police find Devon home sick from school as they investigate the case of an abandoned baby. Soon the connection is made - Devon has just given birth; the baby in the trash is hers. After That Morning, there's only one way to define Devon: attempted murderer.

And yet gifted author Amy Efaw does the impossible - she turns Devon into an empathetic character, a girl who was in such deep denial that she refused to believe she was pregnant. Through airtight writing and fast-paced, gripping storytelling, Ms. Efaw takes the reader on Devon's unforgettable journey toward clarity, acceptance, and redemption.


-GOODREADS

My Opinion : I have to first say that three hours after reading this book I was still thinking about it. The end was like a big slap on the face. I won't say why, because some people may not want to know it.  Here's one thing, I almost wanted to throw the book in my pool because of the ending! Anyways... I LOVED the book. It made me tense. I like Efaw's writing and I learnt a lot of things about law and jail, which I liked. I recommend it to everyone! It teaches not to judge somebody too fast. I loved it!

Character : Devon Sky Davenport would be my favorite character. Let me explain why; she's a goalkeeper like me! She was quite secretive, which didn't help her case. I liked her.


Dom was cool. She changed my view on lawyers.


Great characters!


5/5 stars





No comments:

Post a Comment